Gritting vehicle in Mold, Flintshire at the weekend
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Snowbound family near Wrexham burn old furniture for heat

A family with a baby who were trapped in a hillside farm during the last few days of snow were forced to burn old furniture to keep warm.

They were stranded without power at Plas Norway farm at Bryneglwys near Wrexham.

The furniture which was burned had not been used recently, and had been put aside before the decision to set it alight.

The four were finally airlifted to safety on Sunday by a helicopter from RAF Valley on Anglesey and flown to hospital.

Ben Massam spoke to Gareth Lewis on BBC Radio Wales.

Snowbound family burned furniture