Libya attack error: Confusion over Nato strike
Nato has said it will not apologise for a bomb attack on a rebel convoy of tanks on Thursday, in which at least four people died.
The deputy commander of Nato's Libya operations, Rear Admiral Russ Harding, said they were not aware opposition troops had started using tanks.
But rebel commander General Abdelfatah Yunis had told the BBC on Thursday that Nato had been informed of the movement of the tanks, and had even been given their co-ordinates.
Jon Leyne reports from Benghazi.
08 Apr 2011
- From the section Africa