Police at workshop
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Gas leak blamed for German workshop fire

A fire which killed 14 people on Monday at a workshop for disabled people in south-western Germany was the fault of a gas leak, investigators say.

An inquiry into possible charges of manslaughter by negligence has been opened into the blaze, in the Black Forest town of Titisee-Neustadt.

The centre, where disabled people were working on ornaments for Christmas markets, is run by the Caritas charity. Police say all 14 people who died have now been identified.

Imogen Foulkes reports.

  • 28 Nov 2012
  • From the section Europe
Go to next video: Fire kills 14 at German workshop