Quiz of the week's newsContinue reading the main story
It's the Magazine's 7 days, 7 questions quiz - an opportunity to prove to yourself and others that you are a news oracle. Failing that, you can always claim to have had better things to do during the past week than swot up on current affairs.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
A concert by Sir Paul McCartney in Goiania, Brazil, was interrupted by what?
- A swarm of grasshoppers
- A fan toppling his piano
- The sound of gunfire
2.) Multiple Choice Question
Ferrari has said it is concerned about sales of its cars. Why?
- The wrong type of people are buying them
- It is selling too many
- The wealthy now prefer more modest cars
3.) Multiple Choice Question
Home Alone star Macaulay Culkin and singer Pete Doherty have been spending time together recently. Why?
- They are forming a band
- Culkin is playing Doherty in a new film
- They have moved in together
4.) Multiple Choice Question
A student has been suspended for allegedly throwing what at Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard?
- A stuffed koala
- A boomerang
- A Vegemite sandwich
5.) Missing Word Question
* guilty of nuclear site break-in
- Scout leader
6.) Multiple Choice Question
Business Secretary Vince Cable turned 70 this week - which older leader did he cite as a role model?
- Pope Benedict XVI
- Deng Xiaoping
- Fidel Castro
7.) Multiple Choice Question
"He mysteriously appeared out of nowhere, a bit like an action hero," said cyclist Ella Phillips of which party leader?
- Ed Miliband
- Nigel Farage
- David Cameron
- Nick Clegg
- It's a swarm of grasshoppers. Thousands invaded the stadium where Sir Paul was playing. Earlier this week, Justin Bieber's piano was knocked over as security guards tackled a fan in Dubai and a Jennifer Lopez video shoot was interrupted by reports of gunfire nearby.
- It is selling too many. Ferrari says it plans to reduce production to preserve "exclusivity".
- They have moved in together. The pair are reported to be sharing a home in Paris, after meeting on the set of a film.
- It's a Vegemite sandwich. Kyle Thomson says he was trying to stop another student throwing the sandwich. Julia Gillard says it "was a bit of high jinks".
- It's nun. Sister Megan Rice, 83, and two others admitted cutting fences and entering a plant in Tennessee. She said her only regret was not doing it sooner.
- It's Deng Xiaoping. "Deng Xiaoping totally transformed China in the last century," he told an interviewer. "I think he was 80 when he took over."
- It's Ed Miliband. Ms Phillips came round after falling off her bike to find the Labour leader standing over her. "What added to all the confusion was that he was actually attractive and not geeky at all," she said.
0 - 3 : Civilian
4 - 6 : Local hero
7 - 7 : Action hero
For past quizzes including our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, expand the grey drop-down below - also available on the Magazine page (and scroll down)