10 things we didn't know last week
- 20 September 2013
1. Shy male birds build closer friendships than bolder birds.
2. Coleshill in Warwickshire is the Viagra capital of England.
3. Pete Waterman has a trainset in his barn based on 1950s Leamington Spa.
4. Countries with average GDP below $18,500 (£11,558) tend to chop down forests, while those above tend to plant them.
5. Men with wide faces make people around them more selfish.
6. The first "drunk tank" was set up in Prague in 1951.
7. Tigers share 96% of their genes with the domestic cat.
8. Since 2000, until this week, most Americans considered Russia a friendly nation.
9. The best way to get served at a crowded bar is standing square and looking directly at the barman.
10. Smaller animals perceive time as if it is passing in slow motion.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek