10 things we didn't know last week
- 27 September 2013
1. Cuban rescue workers use sniffer rabbits to find people in collapsed buildings.
2. Finnair flights used to have a roast beef trolley.
3. Bill Clinton was taught a jujitsu move by his aides to prevent Yassar Arafat hugging him for the cameras.
4. There is a professor of space law at the University of Mississippi.
5. Noise and artificial lighting means the dawn chorus starts up to five hours earlier in cities.
6. Los Angeles has a cupcake ATM vending machine.
7. UK Education Secretary Michael Gove owns a pair of swimming trunks "in the style of lederhosen".
8. Ceefax was big in Holland.
9. Fifteen per cent of Americans don't use the internet.
10. City birds cope better in the cold than their woodland counterparts.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek