10 things we didn't know last week
1. Twin toilets of the kind spotted at Sochi are common at Russian football stadiums.
2. Sprinkled sugar can help stop concrete from setting quickly.
3. The world's oldest-known living cancer dates back 11,000 years to an ancient husky-like dog.
4. All forms of corporal punishment - from smacking to hair-pulling - have been outlawed in Sweden since 1979.
5. It's possible for a bat in the UK to fly across the sea to continental Europe.
6. The average age of Japanese farmers is 70.
7. Showing musical instruments has been banned by Iran's state broadcaster for the last 30 years.
8. More French died at Gallipoli than Australians.
9. The RAF keeps supplies of Viagra.
10. There are at least three different approved ways of saying Hyundai, depending on whether you're in South Korea, the UK or US.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek