Quiz of the week's newsContinue reading the main story
It's the Magazine's 7 days, 7 questions quiz - an opportunity to prove to yourself and others that you are a news oracle. Failing that, you can always claim to have had better things to do during the past week than swot up on current affairs.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
A man in China used a single first-class airline ticket to get free what for a year?
- Foot massages
2.) Multiple Choice Question
Which US politician said they hadn't driven a car since 1996?
- Ex-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
- New Jersey Governor Chris Christie
- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi
- Kentucky Sentator Rand Paul
3.) Multiple Choice Question
Which US hard rock band announced they had signed a legally binding "cessation of touring agreement" to prevent them ever re-forming?
- Guns N' Roses
- Motley Crue
4.) Multiple Choice Question
New Zealand's flag should be changed to remove the union jack, the country's Prime Minister John Key has said. Which national symbol would he like it to feature instead?
- Long white cloud
- Silver fern
5.) Multiple Choice Question
What was blamed for an explosion in Rasdorf, Germany?
- Fire in balloon factory
- Under-fermented beer
- Flatulent cattle
6.) Multiple Choice Question
Iranian Mahmoud Basiri says he was banned from acting for eight years because of his resemblance to whom?
- Iranian ex-President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
- Israeli Environment Minister Amir Peretz
- US actor Robert De Niro
7.) Missing Word Question
Neanderthals gave us * genes
- It's food. According to reports, the man changed his flight itinerary more than 300 times, allowing him to eat a free meal each day in the VIP lounge at Xi'an airport. When China Eastern Airlines began investigating, he cancelled the ticket and received a full refund.
- At a speech to the National Auto Dealers Association convention in New Orleans, Mrs Clinton said the Secret Service had prevented her from driving since the year her husband won his second presidential term.
- It's Motley Crue. At a news conference the quartet put their names to a document in which they pledged to go their separate ways after their forthcoming tour.
- He suggested using the silver fern, which appears on the kit of the All Blacks and other sporting teams. The kiwi is another national symbol of New Zealand while the country's Maori name, Aotearoa, translates as "land of the long white cloud".
- Police said methane gas released by dairy cows caused the explosion in a cow shed which housed 90 cattle. A "static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames", a statement said. The roof was damaged and one cow was injured in the blast.
- Mr Basiri says he was told by lawyers he was no longer allowed to perform after the election of Mr Ahmadinejad. The actor said he would play him only if the former head of state "gives me his consent".
- Gene types that influence disease in people today were picked up through interbreeding with Neanderthals, a study in Nature journal suggested.
0 - 3 : Neanderthal
4 - 6 : Missing link
7 - 7 : Highly evolved
For past quizzes including our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, expand the grey drop-down below - also available on the Magazine page (and scroll down).