10 things we didn't know last week
1. In primates there is a correlation between female infidelity and males having large testicles.
2. Hillary Clinton hasn't driven a car since 1996.
3. Biodynamic wine-makers in Burgundy soothe their vines after hail storms with homeopathic doses of arnica.
4. In 1985, the then Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev banned the sale of vodka before lunch-time.
5. If you have an itchy arm, looking in the mirror and scratching the mirror image of that arm (the one that isn't bothering you) will help, although it only provides a quarter of the relief of scratching the itchy arm.
6. Food can be grown 100 feet (30 metres) underground.
7. David Cameron and Al Murray share William Thackeray as an ancestor.
8. Humans picked up gene types linked to smoking addiction when they interbred with Neanderthals.
9. Half of men have no idea of their partner's dress size.
10. You can open a can of food just by rubbing it on a concrete surface.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek