Quiz of the week's newsContinue reading the main story
It's the Magazine's 7 days, 7 questions quiz - an opportunity to prove to yourself and others that you are a news oracle. Failing that, you can always claim to have had better things to do during the past week than swot up on current affairs.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
Pop star Prince announced a series of UK shows at an impromptu gig in London. Where exactly did it take place?
- A cafe in Catford
- A living room in Leyton
- A post office in Pimlico
2.) Multiple Choice Question
Which foodstuff did Russian officials prevent being delivered to US athletes at the Sochi Olympics, according to reports?
- Protein shakes
3.) Multiple Choice Question
Which vehicle owned by Pope Francis was put up for auction to raise funds for charity?
- A Harley-Davidson motorbike
- A Renault 4 car
- His Popemobile
4.) Multiple Choice Question
A Motown fan in Detroit bought a stack of vinyl albums for 50c (30p). Inside one sleeve he found a document worth $20,000 (£12,300). What was it?
- Marvin Gaye's passport
- Diana Ross's high school diploma
- Stevie Wonder's birth certificate
5.) Multiple Choice Question
People in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, will receive text messages reminding them to be more virtuous. What will they be urged to do?
- Be kind to their parents
- Say "thank you" to bus drivers
- Eat more fruit and veg
6.) Missing Word Question
Giant new * species found in Australia
7.) Multiple Choice Question
Who were the most popular team in a survey of 16,000 Chinese football supporters?
- Manchester United
- Real Madrid
- Prince appeared with his new band 3rd Eye Girl in the Leyton living room of his friend, singer Lianne La Havas. It was followed by a late-night show at Camden's Electric Ballroom.
- A shipment of 5,000 containers of Chobani yogurt bound for the US team was blocked from entering Russia, where the government claimed the Americans had not submitted the proper paperwork, reports said.
- The motorcycle was presented to the head of the Roman Catholic Church by Harley-Davidson in June last year, to mark the brand's 110th anniversary. In September he was also given a 20-year-old white Renault 4 by an Italian priest.
- It's Marvin Gaye's passport. The lucky fan was given the valuation on the US version of the Antiques Roadshow. Programme expert Laura Woolley said Gaye memorabilia rarely came on to the market.
- It's eat more fruit and veg. Around 500 people in the city - where 70,000 are classed as obese - will receive SMS weight loss tips including "Use the stairs more" and "Keep a check on snacks and drinks".
- Scientists are working to classify a new species of giant jellyfish that washed up on a beach in Tasmania. A family found the 1.5m (5ft) creature south of Hobart.
- It's Arsenal. The Coventry University study found Manchester United were the second most popular club. It also found Chinese fans were most likely to support Germany in the World Cup.
0 - 3 : Relegation scrapper
4 - 6 : Mid-table mediocrity
7 - 7 : Champion
For past quizzes including our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, expand the grey drop-down below - also available on the Magazine page (and scroll down).