Quiz of the week's newsContinue reading the main story
It's the Magazine's 7 days, 7 questions quiz - an opportunity to prove to yourself and others that you are a news oracle. Failing that, you can always claim to have had better things to do during the past week than swot up on current affairs.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
Skype confirmed this week it had removed some emoji symbols which have the potential to offend. Which of these did NOT go?
- Person giving middle finger
- Woman's legs in high heels
- Vomiting emoji
2.) Multiple Choice Question
Sicilian capital Palermo is to get a new statue of Christ. Where is it to be located?
- Phone mast
- Rubbish dump
- Bus stop
3.) Multiple Choice Question
British musicians protested this week about which item being restricted in prisons?
- Steel-string guitars
- Plastic harmonicas
4.) Missing Word Question
No more free * for Turkmens
5.) Multiple Choice Question
A dig in the New Mexico desert has unearthed an unlikely cache of what?
- Atari games
- Vintage Lego
- Chopper bikes
6.) Multiple Choice Question
Police have warned the public about approaching escaped animals on the loose in South Wales. What are they?
- Wild boars
- Mountain lion
7.) Multiple Choice Question
Which Norwegian food has won EU protected designation of origin status?
- Sour cream porridge
- Brown cheese
- Air-dried cod
- It was vomiting. Both the middle finger and high-heeled legs were excised.
- It's on the seabed. It is hoped the statue will attract divers and thus boost tourism.
- It was steel-string guitars. The restrictions came as part of the government's incentives to prisoners to engage in rehabilitation.
- It was petrol. There had been a free allowance since 2008 but it is now being scrapped.
- It was games for video games console Atari 2600. Much of the dumped stock was copies of a game based on ET and legendary for its awfulness.
- It was wild boars. More than 40 of the animals were on the loose after a burglary at a farm.
- It's the air-dried cod or torrfisk fra lofoten. It joins the likes of Parma ham and champagne in being recognised.
0 - 3 : Codswallop
4 - 6 : Cod do batter
7 - 7 : The Codfather
For past quizzes including our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, expand the grey drop-down below - also available on the Magazine page (and scroll down).