10 things we didn't know last week
1. "Beer goggles" do exist.
2. Suckers on octopus arms attach to everything except octopus skin.
3. The Pentagon has a plan for combating a zombie apocalypse.
4. If you translate Boko Haram word-for-word it means "fake prohibited" but it is shorthand for a longer phrase meaning "western education is a sin".
5. Kenny G's Going Home is used in public spaces in China to tell people to go home.
6. Exercise can erase memories in mice.
7. Travis Kalanick, joint founder of Uber, used to be rated seventh-best Angry Birds player in the US.
8. Boris Johnson could in theory be British prime minister and 14 years later become US president.
9. Snails don't come back to a garden if they are thrown at least 20 metres (65ft) away.
10. The sun has a sibling star that has been dubbed HD 162826.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek