Quiz of the week's newsContinue reading the main story
It's the Magazine's 7 days, 7 questions quiz - an opportunity to prove to yourself and others that you are a news oracle. Failing that, you can always claim to have had better things to do during the past week than swot up on current affairs.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
France is no longer the world's biggest national market for wine. Which country has overtaken it?
2.) Multiple Choice Question
Which item of clothing did Russian Communist Party leader Gennady Zyuganov wear, surprising some observers, as he laid flowers on Stalin's grave?
- Guy Fawkes mask
- Adidas tracksuit top
- Gucci cowboy boots
- Green velvet cloak
3.) Multiple Choice Question
US Vice President Joe Biden wrote to a 17-year-old girl declining her invitation to her high school prom. What did he send her for her big day by way of commisseration?
- A corsage
- Chauffeur-driven limousine
- White House hairdresser
4.) Multiple Choice Question
The brother-in-law of which US comedian has announced he's running for the presidency of Israel?
- Adam Sandler
- Jerry Seinfeld
- Sarah Silverman
5.) Multiple Choice Question
Fedya, a 2m-long circus crocodile, was injured after she was crushed by a falling what?
- Chartered surveyor
- IT technician
6.) Multiple Choice Question
Police in Nepal are to receive training in order to do what?
- Lose weight
- Smile more
- Improve their personal hygiene
7.) Missing Word Question
Swooping * stem deadly beach bugs
- It's the US. American drinkers consumed 29.1 million hectolitres (2.9 billion litres) of wine in 2013, 0.5% more than in 2012. French wine consumption fell 7% from the year before to 2.8 billion litres, according to the International Organisation of Vine and Wine (OIV). But the amount of wine drunk per head is still higher in France.
- It was an Adidas tracksuit top. Zyuganov told the Russian News Service he wore the German brand because "nobody makes good tracksuits yet in our country".
- It was a corsage with red, white and blue ribbons. Talia Maselli of Newington, Connecticut, said she wrote to Biden asking him to the prom because he "just cracks me up".
- It's Sarah Silverman. Her brother-in-law, the Israeli green activist Yosef Abramowitz, has announced he will run in next month's election.
- It's an accountant. The creature was struck by the book-keeper after the bus in which the pair were travelling hit a road bump in northern Russia, the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper reported.
- It's smile more. A police spokesman said more than 600 trainers had been deployed throughout the country to help officers deliver "service with a smile". In recent years, the force has been accused of heavy-handed tactics when dealing with civil unrest.
- It's dogs. Border Collies may be an effective weapon against E. coli infections at the seaside, according to a new study. Researchers found that the sheep dogs were successful at keeping seagulls away from beaches.
0 - 3 : Dog's dinner
4 - 6 : Dog eat dog
7 - 7 : Top dog
For past quizzes including our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, expand the grey drop-down below - also available on the Magazine page (and scroll down).