Quiz of the week's newsContinue reading the main story
It's the Magazine's 7 days, 7 questions quiz - an opportunity to prove to yourself and others that you are a news oracle. Failing that, you can always claim to have had better things to do during the past week than swot up on current affairs.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
Which Twitter account posting clues has prompted a hunt on the streets of San Francisco?
2.) Multiple Choice Question
The UK has higher levels of obesity and overweight people than anywhere in western Europe except for which of the following?
3.) Multiple Choice Question
New York City health officials are considering a repeal of the city's ban on keeping which of the following as pets, it was announced this week.
Ferret-lovers say they've been cheered by signs the current mayor Bill de Blasio is interested in animal issues.
4.) Multiple Choice Question
Stephen Hawking has analysed England's chances World Cup performances. Which of these is NOT one of his recommendations?
- Wear red
- Three steps before penalty
- Play 4-3-3
- Kick off at 3pm
5.) Missing Word Question
Safari park elephant 'takes * '
6.) Multiple Choice Question
The internet slang term LOL (laughing out loud) is turning 25. Has it made it into the Oxford English Dictionary yet?
7.) Multiple Choice Question
Macaulay Culkin and his band were booed off stage in Notthingham this week. What was the theme of their covers?
- Velvet Underground songs with pizza-themed lyrics
- Christian hymns in a punk rock fashion
- John Cage's 4 minutes of silence - repeated
- It's @HiddenCash. An anonymous benefactor has been hiding envelopes of cash on the streets since the end of last week. The creator of the Twitter handle says the cash giveaway was a "social experiment for good". A $100 bill was found on Lombard Street, pictured.
- It's Iceland. Malta also ranks higher than the UK in a global study that uses data from 1980 to 2013.
- It's ferrets. Despite their long history as loveable household pets, in 1999 former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani made it illegal to keep ferrets at home amid concerns about rabies and attacks on children.
- it's three steps for taking penalty. There is only a 58% probability of scoring if your run up is three steps or less, far less than the average of 87% probability.
- It was a selfie, at West Midlands Safari Park. The elephant reportedly seized on a dropped mobile phone.
- Yes, it was added in 2011. Here's an example of usage included in the dictionary: "I love how you said 'coffee is not my cup of tea'. LOL!"
- It's Velvet Underground songs with pizza-themed lyrics and kazoo solos. The band also had pints of beer thrown at them.
0 - 3 : Analogue cheese
4 - 6 : Margherita
7 - 7 : Stuffed crust
For past quizzes including our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, expand the grey drop-down below - also available on the Magazine page (and scroll down).