Quiz of the week's newsContinue reading the main story
It's the Magazine's 7 days, 7 questions quiz - an opportunity to prove to yourself and others that you are a news oracle. Failing that, you can always claim to have had better things to do during the past week than swot up on current affairs.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
Kevin Whitney dropped his mobile phone into a grain pit at his farm in Oklahoma, US. Nine months later he was reunited with the device after it turned up again. Where?
2.) Multiple Choice Question
Madonna was excused jury duty in New York this week. Why did officials say she had been let off?
- Clashed with an overseas tour
- She knew a defendant
- So she wouldn't distract the court
3.) Multiple Choice Question
Which "aggressive" creature was reportedly shot dead in Uganda after a police officer said it attacked him?
4.) Multiple Choice Question
Two journalists on the Brighton and Hove Argus were hospitalised after eating a mouthful each of what?
- Chilli sauce
5.) Multiple Choice Question
Citizens of Myanmar, also known as Burma, have been told that tattoos of what could earn a three-year jail sentence?
- A map of the country below the waist
- Portraits of senior military officers
- Hip-hop lyrics on the neck
6.) Missing Word Question
'Forgotten' US smallpox found in *
7.) Multiple Choice Question
Why was Germany's 7-1 World Cup victory over Brazil bad news for the landlord of the Roisin Dubh pub in Galway, Ireland?
- Home to Europe's biggest Brazillian community
- Owned by Pele
- Price of pints cut by 50 cents for each goal scored
- The phone was taken by ship to Kashima, Japan, where it was mixed with more than 2m bushels of grain before being discovered.
- "The intent here was not to create a distraction to other jurors or the business of the court,'' said David Bookstaver, spokesman for the state court system. The pop star spent two hours waiting in a separate room from other prospective jurors, but was not called to serve on any case.
- It was a tortoise. Officer Charles Onegiu said he was left feeling "traumatised and stressed" after the reptile assailed him in his home. After failing to deter it with a stick and a plastic chair, he said he "instinctively" drew his firearm.
- It was chili sauce. Arron Hendy and Ruari Barratt were both taken by ambulance after one bite each of the XXX Hot Chilli Burger, which contains a sauce made in India reportedly using about 5,000 kilos of piri piri chilis concentrated into one kilo.
- It's a map of the country below the waist. Such an image "disgraces the country's pride", a regional judge warned.
- Long-forgotten vials of smallpox left in a cardboard box were discovered by a government scientist at a research centre near Washington DC, according to officials.
- Beers from both countries were selected for the offer. The German brew Erdinger and Brazilian beverage Brahma were on sale for 4 euros at the start of the game, with price reductions for each goal by the respective national team. For the last 11 minutes of the match Erdinger cost just 50 cents.
0 - 3 : Bar fly
4 - 6 : Small beer
7 - 7 : Champagne Charlie
For past quizzes including our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, expand the grey drop-down below - also available on the Magazine page (and scroll down).