10 things we didn't know last week
- 11 July 2014
1. The "perfect Aryan child" in Nazi propaganda posters was Jewish.
2. The best way to prevent your headphones from tangling in your bag is to join the ends together.
3. Chris Packham writes a letter every year to the makers of I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! to complain about the show's treatment of animals.
4. Yorkshire and Humberside are as red-headed as Ireland.
5. Eating an apple a day can boost sexual pleasure in healthy women.
6. The Yo mobile app is used to alert Israelis about rocket attacks.
7. Historically, the perfect age to be a player in the World Cup is 27.5 - it's also the mean age of the 32 teams that played in the group matches at Brazil 2014.
8. Smell receptors are found in the heart, liver and gut, and aid the healing process.
9. Guantanamo detainees smuggle food into the recreation yard to feed Princess, the camp's cat.
10. One in five US high school seniors has smoked hookah, and most of them are under the impression it is healthy.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek