10 things we didn't know last week
- 29 August 2014
1. Death Valley's mysterious wandering stones are moved by blocks of ice pushed by the wind.
2. Tall men get married earlier but short men stay married longer.
3. Yawning is contagious for wolves, especially among their friends, probably because they are feeling empathy.
4. Longhand notes are better for taking in conceptual information than inputting notes into laptop.
5. Hello Kitty is not a cat - she's a little girl.
6. At the current birth rate, there will be no South Koreans by 2750.
7. David Cameron is a 13th cousin of Kim Kardashian.
8. Walking in formation makes people feel stronger and leads them to take different decisions.
9. People's favourite tunes - regardless of genre - create strikingly similar brain activity.
10. A bassett hound can be reclassified as a "very large cat" at Selwyn College Cambridge if the pet belongs to the master of the college - dogs are banned at Selwyn.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek