10 things we didn't know last week
1. It is almost impossible to take a German-registered car into Japan.
2. Popping a criminal's phone in a microwave and closing the door (but not switching it on) stops said criminal wiping it remotely.
3. When manager of Sunderland, Roy Keane opted not to sign Robbie Savage because of his voicemail greeting which went went "Hi, it's Robbie - whazzup!"
4. Being obese has the same effect on Swedish men's earnings as having no undergraduate degree.
5. The sexual behaviour of mice is determined by a small number of neurons that respond to the hormone oxytocin.
6. President Obama asked the makers of Homeland to "be gentle on Carrie" in the show's fourth series.
7. Norwich is the Y-fronts capital of Britain.
8. In China goat hair is sneaked into hair extensions.
9. More Americans speak Arabic at home than Italian or Polish.
10. When climbing steep dunes, sidewinder rattlesnakes flatten themselves to increase contact with the sand.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek