10 things we didn't know last week
- 17 October 2014
1. Bono wears sunglasses because he suffers from the eye condition glaucoma.
2. Simon Cowell has a saying for people editing shots of him on X factor: two words - happy and handsome.
3. America employs more private security guards than high-school teachers.
4. In the late 1960s Spanish brewer Damm marketed its beer at all the family - including children.
5. There are more bicycles in Copenhagen than people.
6. Once a turtle starts eating a plastic bag, it is physically impossible for it to spit it out.
7. Until this century,Spanish grape Airen was the world's most planted (by acre).
8. It used to take invasive species 30 years to move from the Netherlands to the UK but now takes five.
9. The most expensive pies of any English league football club are to be found at Brighton & Hove Albion - Rochdale's are the cheapest.
10. Cooling pasta down then reheating it means you get a smaller blood sugar spike when you eat it.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek
Subscribe to the BBC News Magazine's email newsletter to get articles sent to your inbox.