10 things we didn't know last week
1. Illustrator Quentin Blake draws standing up.
2. Hip hop can help depressed people with their self esteem - The Message by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five is a particularly effective pick-me-up.
3. Female mammals sleep around to stop infanticide.
4. Darts champion Phil "The Power" Taylor's favourite juice contains avocado, apple and ginger.
5. American teachers are allowed to whack children with a paddle (a wooden bat a little shorter and thinner than a cricket bat) in 19 states.
6. Micheline Peltier has spent years fighting to get David Dimbleby to correctly pronounce "Dominica" - it should be Dom-min-EEKA not Dom-MIN-ica.
7. Singles Day is China's biggest online shopping day.
8. The release of a track by Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson was delayed more than 30 years because Mercury objected to the presence of Bubbles the chimp at its recording.
9. Dustin Hoffman is not amused by Rob Brydon's impressions.
10. Southampton right back Nathaniel Clyne has a tattoo of Stockwell tube station.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek
Subscribe to the BBC News Magazine's email newsletter to get articles sent to your inbox.