10 things we didn't know last week
1. Lions enjoy chewing discarded Christmas trees.
2. Barack Obama calls David Cameron "bro".
3. Benedict Cumberbatch and King Richard III are third cousins, 16 times removed.
4. Parts of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Montana, New Hampshire, upstate New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and nearly all of Maine and Minnesota were colder than Mars on Thursday.
5. There is little international trade in onions - about 90% are consumed in their country of origin.
6. Islamic State levies a 50% tax rate.
7. The virus behind the common cold is much happier in a cold nose.
8. Justin Bieber supports Everton.
9. Half of the world's pigs live in China.
10. The Queen once gave former Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond a successful horse racing tip.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek
Subscribe to the BBC News Magazine's email newsletter to get articles sent to your inbox.