10 things we didn't know last week
1. Jamaica, Colombia and Saint Lucia are the only countries in the world where a woman is more likely to be a boss than a man.
2. No-one has won a Spot The Ball competition for 10 years.
3. You can buy a Lycra outfit for a camel.
4. Shredded Wheat's early packaging recommended serving it with a poached egg.
5. Edwards County, Texas, has roughly one person and 22 goats per square mile.
6. One in 10 of Britain's train carriages flush toilet waste straight onto the railway tracks.
7. Men are less promiscuous when women are scarce.
8. A recently published image of a thresher shark giving birth may be the only photograph ever taken of an oceanic shark in labour.
9. About 30 copies of Charlie Hebdo are sold in the UK in a normal week.
10. Thundersnow is like a thunderstorm but brighter, less noisy and with snow instead of rain.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek
Subscribe to the BBC News Magazine's email newsletter to get articles sent to your inbox.