10 things we didn't know last week
1. There is only one concert grand piano in Gaza.
2. Rice is less calorific if you boil it with coconut oil and refrigerate it for half a day before eating.
3. Texas Senator Ted Cruz was a classic rock fan until 9/11, when he got into country and western.
4. Costa Rica runs entirely on renewable energy.
5. Boston in Lincolnshire is one of the most neurotic places in Great Britain while Orkney is one of the least.
6. A killer newt the size of a small car roamed lakes and rivers during the period when dinosaurs were on the rise.
7. David Cameron sometimes sings Benny Hill's Ernie (the fastest milkman in the West) in the shower; Ed Miliband doesn't.
8. Human blood is almost twice as fattening per ml as beer.
9. It would take 38 minutes to journey through the centre of the earth to the other side of the world - four minutes faster than thought.
10. In rural Nigeria, some believe that if a mother eats snails it can make the baby sluggish.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek
Subscribe to the BBC News Magazine's email newsletter to get articles sent to your inbox.