10 things we didn't know last week
1. Tom Cruise advised Nasa on how to design their website.
2. Drug dealers in Marseille offer loyalty cards.
3.Police at the US Capitol receive training to prevent them leaving their guns behind when they go to the toilet.
4. "Cazh", meaning casual, is now acceptable in Scrabble - as well as "lolz","shizzle" and "bezzy".
5. It's possible to brew morphine using a home-made beer kit.
6. Young blood can mend old broken bones.
7. Crows are protective of their tools - they tuck them under their toes or hide them in holes - even more so when higher up a tree.
8. The modern strawberry was born after a French spy brought back a South American species from Chile in 1712.
9. Wives of the super-rich in New York sometimes earn bonuses from their husbands for getting the children into prestigious schools or managing the home budget well.
10. Stone tools existed before the earliest humans.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek
Subscribe to the BBC News Magazine's email newsletter to get articles sent to your inbox.