Aerospace giant Boeing has raised its forecast for profits this year and says it has a record backlog of orders.
German airline Lufthansa fails in a court bid to force its pilots to call off their strike, while union leaders warn of more action.
Virgin Australia will buyout loss-making budget carrier Tiger Airways Australia for A$1 (£0.54), the airline said on Friday.
Other Top Stories
Farnborough 2014 Highlights
- Malaysia Airlines' future questioned02:11
- An airline black box in 'the cloud'02:10
- Bombardier challenge to Boeing and Airbus01:17
- The electric plane running on batteries01:46
- Scorpion fighter jet goes on show02:03
- Airbus A350 'shark's fin' explained 02:30
- Inside the latest Boeing Dreamliner01:45
- 100 years of commercial aviation01:26
- High demand delays new plane delivery02:20
Features & Analysis
The big global business issues that affect consumers, investors and the environment