Malaysia Airlines says the full financial impact of the two tragedies to hit the company will be seen in the second half of the year.
- Missing plane search area refined
- Malaysia Airlines in state 'takeover'
- Malaysia Airlines' future in doubt
Pilots at low-cost airline Germanwings will strike on Friday if an agreement is not reached with parent Lufthansa over retirement plans, their union says.
Australia's national flag carrier Qantas reports a net loss of A$2.8bn for the year ending in June - a record annual loss for the airline.
Other Top Stories
Farnborough 2014 Highlights
- Malaysia Airlines' future questioned02:11
- An airline black box in 'the cloud'02:10
- Bombardier challenge to Boeing and Airbus01:17
- The electric plane running on batteries01:46
- Scorpion fighter jet goes on show02:03
- Airbus A350 'shark's fin' explained 02:30
- Inside the latest Boeing Dreamliner01:45
- 100 years of commercial aviation01:26
- High demand delays new plane delivery02:20