Monarch Airlines may cut as many as 1,000 jobs as part of a major strategic review that aims to cuts costs and may lead to the end of long haul flights.
The debate over expanding the UK's air capacity has heated up after record passenger numbers at both Heathrow and Gatwick airports in July.
Malaysia's state investment firm Khazanah Nasional seeks to take control of crisis-hit Malaysia Airlines for a "complete overhaul".
Farnborough 2014 Highlights
- Malaysia Airlines' future questioned02:11
- An airline black box in 'the cloud'02:10
- Bombardier challenge to Boeing and Airbus01:17
- The electric plane running on batteries01:46
- Scorpion fighter jet goes on show02:03
- Airbus A350 'shark's fin' explained 02:30
- Inside the latest Boeing Dreamliner01:45
- 100 years of commercial aviation01:26
- High demand delays new plane delivery02:20