Newsnight Referendum Revue: Terms and conditions
1. You must be aged 18 or above on Sunday 6 July 2014.
2. You must be a resident of the UK (including Isle of Man and Channel Islands).
3. The competition is open to amateur or professional performers.
4. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested.
5. You must be able to commit to the audition filming days required, which are currently expected to be during July or August, as well as the live programme date on Thursday 21 August 2014.
6. If selected to audition, entrants will be required to make their own travel arrangements to the audition locations.
7. You must not be employed by the BBC or be closely related to someone who is employed by the BBC, or anyone connected with the programme.
8. You must declare any past convictions or impending trials. This will not automatically disqualify you from entry, each case will be considered individually.
9. You warrant that all information you supply to the BBC as part of this application in the programme is accurate and you have been, and will be at all times, truthful and honest. If you are chosen to participate in the programme, you agree to authorise the BBC to conduct background checks in order to verify any of the information you have supplied and you agree to provide them with any assistance or further information necessary to do this.
10. Your participation in and compliance with the application process does not in any way constitute an agreement with the BBC for you to appear on the programme. The BBC has no obligation to produce the programme and even if the programme is produced, there will be no obligation on the BBC, or any other party, to broadcast or transmit or otherwise exploit the programme or include you or any filming in the programme.
11. When selecting applicants for the Newsnight talent search (working title), the following will be taken into account: quality of material, enthusiasm, lively characters who are comfortable being filmed. Initial selection will be based on the 60-second sample material submitted to the programme and telephone interviews. In addition the producers may (but may not) invite short-listed applicants to attend an audition at their discretion. We will be looking for a mix of finalists to meet the requirements of editorial balance and diversity of relevant comedy acts.
12. By submitting your application form, you agree, if you are selected to take part in the programme, to sign a contributor consent form granting the BBC all necessary rights and consents for the full period of copyright (and afterwards so far as possible in perpetuity) to copy edit and/or use at their sole discretion the product of your contribution to the programme for any purposes connected with the programme, the promotion and advertising thereof and all other rights (including all allied and ancillary rights) in the programme by any means, and in any and all media now known or hereafter invented, throughout the world, in perpetuity.
13. Entrants retain all rights in their entries but grant to the BBC a non-exclusive licence to broadcast their entry across all media, as well as use it on any online platforms. Entrants warrant that they have obtained all rights necessary to grant the BBC the licence as set out above, and that their entry does not infringe the rights of any other party. The BBC accepts no liability if entrants ignore these rules and entrants agree to fully indemnify the BBC against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these rules.
14. You agree to keep all information relating to the application process confidential and will not disclose or make any public statement regarding the same including without limitation on blogs or social networking platforms.
16. The BBC's decision regarding selection for the programme is entirely at its discretion and cannot be appealed. The BBC reserves the right at any time and for any reason to change its selection and/or to choose a replacement applicant to participate in the programme.
17. The deadline for applications is 23:59, Sunday 6 July 2014. If you have not heard from a member of the team by phone or email by Friday 25 July 2014, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
18. By entering material, you agree that you have read and understood these Rules of Entry and warrant that you are eligible to participate in the programme.