Robin Williams: Best quotes
Comedian and actor Robin Williams has died at the age of 63. Here are some of his most memorable quotes.FILMS
- "Goooooooood morning Vietnam! It's 0600 hours. What does the 'O' stand for? O my God, it's early!" - Adrian Cronauer, Good Morning Vietnam (1987)
- "We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for." - John Keating, Dead Poets Society (1989)
- "Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary." - John Keating, Dead Poets Society (1989)
- "My first day as a woman and I'm getting hot flashes." - Mrs Doubtfire/Daniel Hillard, Mrs Doubtfire (1993)
- "You don't know about real loss because it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much." - Sean Maguire, Good Will Hunting (1997)
- "Are you lookin' at me? Did you rub my lamp? Did you wake me up? Did you bring me here? And all of a sudden, you're walkin' out on me?! I don't think so! Not right now! You're gettin' your wishes, so sit down!" - Genie, Aladdin (1992)
- "Nanu Nanu." - Mork and Mindy (1978 - 1982)
- [Mork picks up an egg] "Hello? Hello? Anybody in there? Little hatchling brothers, you must revolt against your oppressors. You have nothing to lose but your shells."
- Mindy: "Mork, why are you building a tower of Cheerios?"
- On comedy: "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
- On his financial dispute with Disney over Aladdin: "The only reason Mickey Mouse has four fingers is because he can't pick up a cheque."
- "Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they've got nothing to lose."
- "Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?"
- "Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus."
- "In England, if you commit a crime, the police don't have a gun and you don't have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say, 'Stop, or I'll say stop again.'"