As the Election Live page prepares to say goodnight, here's a look back at today's momentous events.
- David Cameron has promised to lead a "one nation country" and "make Britain greater" after securing an overall majority of 12 for the Conservatives
- The Tories won 331 seats and Labour won 232, while the Liberal Democrats secured just eight
- There was a landslide victory in Scotland for the SNP, which took 56 of the 59 seats. Nicola Sturgeon said Scotland voted for change
- UKIP took one seat and the Greens kept their one seat while Plaid Cymru has held its three seats
- David Cameron has re-appointed senior ministers, including George Osborne as Chancellor and Theresa May as Home Secretary
- Polling organisations are to hold an inquiry into why the polls did not reflect people's real voting intentions.