With election day now just hours away, we are pausing our live page. Here are the the main developments on the final day of campaigning.
- Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton made a manic eve-of-poll dash round battleground states
- Clinton urged voters to back a "hopeful, inclusive, big-hearted America"
- Trump told supporters: "You have one magnificent chance to beat the corrupt system and deliver justice"
- The BBC poll of polls puts Clinton on 48% and Trump at 44%
- A record number of Americans - at least 44.9 million - have voted early by post or at polling stations, which is likely to be about 40% all ballots cast
- There are signs of a high turnout among Hispanic voters, which could be good news for Clinton
- Trump's campaign manager Kellyanne Conway sought to allay anxiety about the Republican candidate in a BBC interview
Join us again as polling stations open across America for full coverage of what is sure to be a momentous day!