Our live coverage for Essex has reached its day's end. As a quick recap, the main stories of the day have included:
- A homeless man is guilty of the manslaughter 57-year-old Kathleen Griffin, from Clacton
- Southend Pier is likely to be out of action for a week because of problems with pile caps
- A family's call for a law change over the taking of photos in funeral homes
- A Leigh-on-Sea restaurant will have to pay £60k for health and safety breaches
- Essex's new police and crime commissioner is to spend £100k on tackling gang crime
We'll be back tomorrow morning from 08:00 with the latest news for the county.
In the meantime, have a great evening.