Live updates from Lancashire have finished for the day, but we'll be back from 08:00 on Friday with the latest news, sport, weather and travel. You can still get in touch if there's something you want us to look at via email, Facebook or Twitter.
- A motorcyclist has died following a crash on Course Lane in Newburgh
- South Ribble council leader Margaret Smith resigns citing ill health
- Speeding driver didn't stop as he said he needed the toilet
- Farmers are being warned not to illegally store bales of mixed waste on their land
- Keep Britain Tidy have awarded five parks in Wyre Green Flag awards
- Updates on Thursday 21 July
League Two side Accrington Stanley sign midfielder Paddy Lacey on a one-year deal after his release by Barrow.
The 23-year-old former Sheffield Wednesday and Bradford trainee made 23 appearances for the National League side last season.
- Police appeal for witnesses after a motorcyclist died following a crash on Course Lane in Newburgh
- Keep Britain Tidy have awarded five parks in Wyre green flags
- Blackburn Rovers captain, Grant Hanley has completed his transfer to Newcastle United for an undisclosed fee
Blackburn Rovers captain, Grant Hanley has completed his transfer to Newcastle United for an undisclosed fee. However it is understood Rovers will pocket around £5.5m from the deal.
The centre-back had been on the books at Ewood Park for eight years, making 200 appearances. Hanley has signed a five-year contract with the Magpies.
The A59 in Whalley is closed and there is queuing traffic in both directions between the A671 junction and the A666 Whalley Road junction, because of a serious accident involving a motorcycle. Police are directing traffic.
Lancashire Evening Post
Reporter, BBC Radio Lancashire
I spoke to Sam Allardyce on a regular basis firstly when he was manager of Bolton Wanderers and then Blackburn Rovers.
From a reporter's perspective, he was always understanding of the job that we do and was always good for a “soundbite” on most subjects, not just football.
He is the master of mixing traditional training methods, with more modern techniques. He believes in using any means possible to get the extra 5% out of his players to make them perform better. He introduced scientific stats and yoga long before others did.
I think the England players will find working under him different to Roy Hodgson, and in many ways I hope they do!
A 20-year-old motorcyclist has died in a crash with a lorry in west Lancashire, say police.
The man from Standish, Wigan, was travelling along Course Lane, Newburgh when he collided with a HGV travelling in the opposite direction on Wednesday night.
The death of a 12-year-old girl at a caravan park in Fleetwood, Lancashire is "unexplained", say police.
Police said the girl was found "unresponsive" by paramedics at the Cala Gran Holiday Park, Fleetwood at about 21:40 on Monday.
- Police appeal for witnesses after amotorcyclist died following a crash on Course Lane in Newburgh
- The leader of South Ribble BoroughCouncil, Margaret Smith, has resigned citing ill health
- Keep Britain Tidy have awarded five parks in Wyre Green Flags
Green Flag awards have been given to five parks in Lancashire.
The awards from Keep Britain Tidy were given to Kepple Lane in Garstang, Poulton's Vicarage Park, Hawthorne Park in Thornton, Wyre Estuary Country Park in Stanah and Fleetwood's Memorial Park.
Green Flags are given to public spaces which are maintained and kept to the highest standards.
Paddy Lacey has signed a one-year deal.
A man who police tried to stop as he was seen driving at 115mph said he saw officers, but couldn't stop as he needed the toilet.
The man, in his 70s, was driving the Hyundai car on the M55 towards Blackpool on Monday evening when police signalled the driver to stop at junction four.
He carried on towards a Tesco store and later said he knew police were there, but needed the loo. He has been reported for speeding.
- A motorcyclist has died following a crash on Course Lane close in Newburgh
- The leader of South Ribble Borough Council, Margaret Smith, has resigned citing ill health
- Farmers in Lancashire are being warned not to illegally store bales of mixed waste on their land
A motorcyclist has died after a collision with a lorry in Newburgh.
The incident happened on Course Laneat about 22:15 on Wednesday.
The 20-year-old biker from Standish had multiple injuries and was treated by paramedics, but he later died.
The driver of the lorry, a 41-year-old man from Ormskirk, was uninjured.
Lancashire Police are appealing for witnesses.
Newcastle United are close to announcing the signing of Blackburn Rovers skipper Grant Hanley.
Breakthrough talks over a transfer took place last night following two failed bids with the centre-back.
It is reported that with add-ons, Blackburn could receive up to £6m for Hanley.
Tory councillor Margaret Smith had faced calls for her to quit from her own party over claims children were sexually exploited by taxi drivers.
An audit of taxi driver licence applications in December had found appropriate background checks had not been carried out in relation to 40 working taxi drivers in South Ribble.
The announcement came at the beginning of a full council meeting in Leyland, at which Ms Smith was not present.
The council is now under no overall control.
- The leader of South Ribble Borough Council resigns citing ill health
- A petition protesting against library closures in Lancashire is presented in the Commons
- Farmers in Lancashire are being warned not to store bales of mixed waste on their land as it's illegal
Reporter, BBC News Online