Local Live has finished for the day. We're back from 08:00 on Tuesday with more news, sport, travel and weather.
- Updates on Friday 1 May 2015
Officers are hunting a man suspected of sexual assault in north west London. A 37-year-old woman was walking along Honeypot Lane in Kingsbury when she was approached from behind and inappropriately touched.
It happened on 19 April at about 22:45.Police have released an e-fit of the suspect and would like to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time and may have witnessed the assault.
Transport correspondent, London
Travellers stranded on trains for hours outside Clapham Junction yesterday could get extra compensation.Southern Rail says passengers who were stranded should write to them and each case will be looked at individually.
Normal compensation rules for commuters delayed by over 30 minutes also apply, the company said. An electrical problem between Wandsworth Common and Clapham Junctioncaused trains in and out of Victoria station to be suspended.
BBC London News
OnBBC London News this evening, reporter Chris Rodgers has a behind the scenes look at 18th century Clandon Park House in Surrey which was damaged by a fire.
Plus, he is famous for his portrayal of Grant Mitchell in Eastenders and his documentaries in conflict zones - but Ross Kemp has been in east London battling to win over small business owners ahead of the general election.
When police arrived, Joyce said one of the boys had been aggressive, the court heard.
Delivering his verdict, Judge Zani told Joyce: "In my view, you underplayed the violence you meted out to these young men and wanted the police called so as to justify your actions. You readily told police, incorrectly, that (one boy) headbutted you for no reason."
Joyce was released on conditional bail ahead of sentencing on 27 May.
Giving evidence via video link, one of the victims said he entered the shop to buy a chocolate milkshake and was talking on the phone as he "squeezed past" Joyce in the aisle.
"He thought I was talking to him and he started getting aggressive. The man grabbed me and would not let me leave. He started shouting in my face," he said.
Mr Joyce continued to hold on and wrestle the boy and at one point held him by the neck, the judge was told.
Former Falkirk MP Joyce was found guilty oftwo counts of common assault. Passing sentence District Judge John Zani said Joyce underplayed the violence he meted out to the youths.
"Given my findings and your previous convictions, all options including imprisonment will be considered," the judge said.
Outside the court Joyce expressed his disappointment and said he would consult his legal adviser about a possible appeal.
The court heard Joyce assaulted the boys, aged 14 and 15, at News and Food Express in Camden, north London, on 7 October. During evidence atWestminster Magistrates' Court, Joyce insisted he had overcome his battle with alcohol as his previous convictions were read to the court.
Prosecutor Jon Swain said the defendant had been convicted of four common assaults in a House of Commons bar and of a breach of the peace at Edinburgh Airport.
However Joyce claimed he was performing a citizen's arrest when he grabbed the teenager. He told the court: "I said I was going to citizen's arrest him and I held on to him. I have a background as a judo player. I was conscious I didn't want to over-act."
The judge said it was a unpleasant case and warned Mr Joyce a custodial sentence may be imposed.
Former Falkirk MP Eric Joyce has been found guilty at Westminster Magistrates' Court of assaulting two teenage boys in a north London shop in October.
The Diving World Series has started at the London Aquatics Centre with Great Britain's Tonia Couch and Sarah Barrow competing in the Women's 10m synchro event. Tom Daley, who competes on Sunday, has said he ismore motivated than ever to prove he can be the best diver in the world again.
Transport correspondent, London
There seems to be an unwritten agreement in transport circles - do not slag off another operator's service. The sometimes brash and outspoken Transport Commissioner Peter Hendy broke this code recently, when he made disparaging comments about Southeastern services and said the revenue protection officers were like "the Gestapo".
While some commuters were in agreement on the state of the service in and out of London Bridge, many employees were extremely aggrieved at his comments. And while they kept their counsel publicly, now it's emerged that themanagement themselves at the operator also took exception to the comments.
A doctor has appeared in courtcharged with manslaughter after a woman died giving birth by emergency Caesarean.
Dr Errol Cornish, 67, of Holmbury Park, Bromley, was charged with gross negligence manslaughter following the death of Frances Cappuccini at Tunbridge Wells Hospital in October 2012. Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust has been charged with corporate manslaughter.
Council refuse drivers have started an eight-day strike over pay which is due to end on 8 May.
Members of theGMB union in Barking and Dagenham in East London say they could lose up to £1,000 under planned cuts.
BBC London News
Our top stories on London live:
- Former Falkirk MP Eric Joyce attacked two teenagers in an "unjustified and unprovoked" assault
- DJ Neil Fox to go on trial in November over sex charges
- The Met Police has appointed a Detective Superintendent from the Homicide and Major Crime Command to investigate allegations raised by the hearing which saw the Mayor of Tower Hamlets removed from office. For more listen to BBC London 94.9.
A builder who struck up a friendship with a lonely pensioner has won a legal battle over his £472,000 estate.
Danny Sharp used to fix 73-year-old Ronald Butcher's blocked gutters for free and would regularly call in to see him at his bungalow in Enfield, north London. To his surprise, Mr Sharp, from Kent, was the sole beneficiary under Mr Butcher's will, dated January 2013.
Evelyn Hutchins, one of the three beneficiaries of an earlier December 2011 will, challenged the later will. However the judge said she believed Mr Sharp's account of the friendship.
Deputy Judge Lesley Anderson, atLondon's High Court, said: "I am satisfied that the 2013 will was executed with the knowledge and approval of Mr Butcher and that he intended it to give effect to his testamentary wishes."
A man has been sentenced to life with a minimum term of 17 yearsfor stabbing a CBBC star to death.
Carl Beatson-Asiedu, who appeared in the BBC children's series M.I. High, was stabbed in the heart as he left a club in Vauxhall with friends in 2009. His killer Jeffrey Okafor, 24, confessed to the murder to his girlfriend, but fled to Nigeria on his brother's passport - sparking a five year manhunt.
At Woolwich Crown Court, Judge Christopher Kinch QC said: "I have concluded that this was an entirely unprovoked and unnecessary attack in a public place."
Former Eastenders actor Larry Lamb and entrepreneur Richard Branson have joined theLondon Air Ambulance's "Your London, Your Helicopter" campaign.
The campaign wants to buy a second helicopter by the end of the summer to provide rapid trauma care for the capital. LAA currently has one helicopter but when unavailable there is no other provision.
DJ Neil Fox willstand trial on sex charges on 5 November. Mr Fox - known as Dr Fox - appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court before Senior District Judge Howard Riddle.
He denies nine offences against six complainants spanning more than two decades. The judge said there should be further preliminary hearings on 23 July and 2 October, and he renewed Mr Fox's unconditional bail.
Labour parliamentary candidate for Ealing Central and Acton constituency Rupa Huq is grabbed as she tries to debate with London Mayor Boris Johnson as he met with voters in London.
For all the latest on the 2015 election visit theBBC election website.
As part of the original investigation the Met supplied material to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) in connection with four of the original 164 allegations.
Two people were cautioned and there is one criminal trial outstanding. The Met took the decision to close the investigations into the other allegations following consultation with CPS.
In the lead up to, during and after the mayoral election in the east London borough on 22 May 2014, the Met said it received 164 complaints of electoral malpractice.
It said the review of the High Court report had identified new material that it is now considering in connection with 47 of the allegations originally reported.
The force said a Special Enquiry Team has applied for, and been granted, an extension to the time limit for criminal proceedings to be brought under the Representation of the People Act, 1983.
This is because the legislation stipulates that unless an extension is granted, criminal proceedings must be started within one year of the offence having been committed.
Police are unable to start a criminal investigation into a fifth allegation as the one year time limit had expired before we were aware of the allegation.
Police are examining four new criminal allegation following High Court ruling againstformer Tower Hamlets Mayor Lutfur Rahman.
The Met said the new allegations have been identified within the 200 page report from the election petition.
Two men have been charged with conspiracy to steal from mobile phone shops following an investigation by the Metropolitan Police Service's National Mobile Phone Crime Unit.
On 22 April, Silver Baboi, 23, of Thornton Heath, and Vasile Mihai, 20, of Northborough Road, were charged with conspiracy to steal in relation to 34 separate offences that took place between February 2013 and January 2015. They have been remanded in custody and are due to appear at Croydon Crown Court on 7 May.
The investigation will examine how and why this situation has happened, and identify possible solutions.
Monitor granted St George's foundation trust status in February 2015 on the basis it would break even in 2014-15 and make a small surplus in 2015-16.
The regulator is now concerned as the trust has recorded a £16.8m loss for 2014-15 and may record a larger deficit in 2015-16.
Sir Derek Jacobi is the latest addition to Sir Kenneth Branagh's new production of Romeo And Juliet.
Sir Kenneth announced last month that he was setting up his owntheatre company, which will be in residence at London's Garrick Theatre for a year from October. Sir Derek, who will play Romeo's friend Mercutio, said it was "a privilege to return to Shakespeare".
BBC London News
He tutored aspiring artists such as Damien Hirst at London's Goldsmiths College.
Could a similar movement happen again?
Business reporter, BBC News
Charity Kick It Out has called on clubs to alter their recruiting policies, to ensure they give afair opportunity to people from all backgrounds to be considered for jobs in football.
Sangi Patel, worked as a physiotherapist at two big-name London professional clubs, she said football has a bigger problem dealing with sexism rather than racism when it comes to making backroom appointments. "Sometimes clubs may think it is easier to appoint a male - it is easier not to have to worry about potential sexism issues, or players feeling they have to watch what they say in front of a woman," she said.
Firefighters have tackled a blaze at a hotel on Stratford High Street. Three fire engines went to the scene at about 10:41 were they found the blaze in a room on the seven storey hotel's third floor. About 75 guests and members of staff were evacuated and one man was taken to hospital. The fire was under control within two hours,London Fire Brigade said.
High Street in Stratford is currently closed and there is queuing traffic eastbound between the Warton Road junction and the Burford Road junction. For the latest travel news, follow at@BBCTravelAlert or go to the BBC London travel website.
BBC London News
OnBBC London News this lunchtime, families affected by violent youth crime have held a one minute silence in Trafalgar Square. Ayesha Buksh will be speaking to the father of Kiyan Prince, a 17 year-old who was murdered outside his school in north-west London.
Plus, the new roof garden which opens to the public in east London today.
It will stay dry throughout this afternoon with sunny spells, but the sunshine may be rather hazy and it will feel cooler than yesterday.
Maximum Temperature: 14C (57F)
Former MP Eric Joyce attacked two teenagers in an "unjustified and unprovoked" assault in a shop, a court has heard. The 54-year-old allegedly assaulted the boys, aged 14 and 15, at News and Food Express in Camden, north London, on 17 October last year.
At his trial atWestminster Magistrates' Court in London, the prosecution said Mr Joyce grabbed the teenager who was trying to pass him in a narrow aisle after an "exchange of words". Joyce, who is not standing as MP for Falkirk in the General Election, denies two counts of common assault.
Specially trained firefighters from the London Fire Brigade have flown to Nepal as part of a International Search and Rescue team to help rescue operations in Kathmandu. LFBtweeted this picture of them assisting the help and rescue effort.
A new exhibition featuring three major new works by leading London-based photographer Rut Blees Luxemburg has opened at the Museum of London.London Dust is a small photography and film exhibition, responding to the redevelopment of the City of London and the fallout from the 2008 financial crisis.
However, a spokesman for theRail, Maritime and Transport union said there was "no agreement" so far. He said: "There will be a meeting of RMT reps from across London Underground next week to discuss the latest position, which is a total stalemate, and a report will then go to the union's executive and all options for securing a fair pay deal for our LU members remain open."
Fresh talks are to be held in an effort to reach a pay deal for thousands of London Underground workers over the introduction of a new all-night service.Transport for London said it had asked unions to join talks at the conciliation service Acas next week.
The current offer is for a 0.75% pay rise over year one and a rise in line with RPI inflation in year two.
Workers are also being offered a £500 payment for the introduction of thenight Tubes, which are due to start on some lines in September, with an additional £250 for staff most affected by the new service.