That's all for today - join us again tomorrow from 07:00. In the meantime here are five things we've learnt about our county today:
1. Home Office doctors gave the go-ahead for experimental drug trials on children at a North Yorkshire approved school in the 1960s.
2. The rain in the Dales over the last few days has led to flash floods in the Ingleton area, including at the White Scar Cave visitors centre.
3. West Heslerton could be under new ownership soon as there's been an offer for the up-for-sale village.
4. It seems Elvington is the place to be for 200mph wheelies.
5. The Olympics in Rio may be over, but for one North Yorkshire athlete training for Tokyo 2020 is already under way.
I'll leave you on this wet Monday with a watery image of Grassington sent in by BBC Weather Watcher Barrie H...