That's all from us on another eventful news day. We'll be back tomorrow at 07:00 with news, sport, weather and travel. We'll leave you with Trevor Hartnett's picture of a sunny Belfast earlier today.
- Updates for Tuesday 30 August 2016
- More updates from Wednesday at 07:00
- Picture: Bales (by Sharon Arnold)
The Olympic Council of Ireland has welcomed today's release of Pat Hickey from a prison in Rio.
"The OCI also welcomes the news that three OCI officials are due to have their passports returned over the coming days and we look forward to welcoming Kevin Kilty, Stephen Martin and Dermot Henihan home shortly," it said in a statement.
A man who made a series of hoax bomb calls claiming devices had been left in the Markets area of Belfast has been jailed for nine months.
Karl Patrick McCartan, 36, admitted making 12 hoax bomb calls to the emergency services between 1 October and 12 October last year, claimed he was calling from either 'Action Against Drugs' or 'Republican Headhunters'.
Education Minister Peter Weir has condemned those behind a hoax bomb alert that caused St Paul's Primary in west Belfast to be evacuated.
"This is the first day of the new school year for St Paul's Primary School and a day when these young children should be settling and preparing for the year ahead," he said.
The Bishop of Kilmore, Leo O'Reilly, has said the deaths of the Hawe family in Ballyjamesduff, County Cavan, were "so shocking because they were so well known in the community".
"The young lad was in the local GAA team, the father was involved in the club and they were very much involved in their church. The parents were both readers and the children were Mass-servers," he said.
A Belfast man who sent an indecent picture of himself to a 13-year-old boy via the Facebook messenger service has been jailed for a year.
Ciaran James McAuley, 27, committed the offence while on bail for sexually assaulting a nine-year old boy. He was jailed for two years last December for that attack.
Darren Clarke says he has "no worries" about the strength of the Ryder Cup team he will captain next month.
"The talent that they all possess, I have no worries at all about the strength of that team. I'll be very proud to take them," he said.
Former Olympic Council of Ireland president Pat Hickey has issued a statement following his release from Bangu Prison in Rio.
"I will now stay in Rio and my lawyers will proceed to have the charges laid against me set aside as there is no substantive proof of any wrong doing on my part," Mr Hickey, who remains under house arrest, said.
A man has been arrested as part of an investigation into dissident republican activity.
The 27-year-old was detained in Larne on Monday morning, police have confirmed.
Two men accused of robbing a priest and a retired sacristan and his wife at gunpoint are to be questioned about other allegations, a court has heard.
Between them Owen John Maughan, 32, and Patrick John Maughan, 37, face a total of 53 charges over gun-related incidents in Belfast, Dungannon, Holywood, Newcastle and Castlewellan.
Police are carrying out a search at Inver Road in Larne linked to the arrest of 30-year-old Royal Marine Ciarán Maxwell.
Mr Maxwell is being questioned on suspicion of preparing for acts of terrorism. He can be held in custody until 12:20 tomorrow.
Former Olympic Council of Ireland president Pat Hickey has been released from a prison in Rio after being held there for nearly two weeks since his arrest during the Olympics.
Yesterday, a judge in Rio recommended that Mr Hickey be freed from prison and placed under house arrest.
Notes and documents have been discovered by Irish police in the house where five members of the same family were found dead after an apparent murder-suicide.
A note was also found on the back door when a relative raised the alarm. It told people not to enter the house and to call the police
This is the scene of a bomb alert that caused St Paul's Primary School in west Belfast to be evacuated this morning.
Police said the alert has now ended after Army bomb disposal officers examined a suspicious package and declared it to be a hoax.
Monica Digney, one of 18 North Antrim Sinn Féin members to resign over the treatment of former MLA Daithí McKay, has said it was "not a decision we took lightly".
"What has happened recently is there seems to be some people who get protected and other people are left hung out to dry," she said.