- MPs returned to Westminster after the Christmas recess and began their first session back with questions to Home Secretary Theresa May and the ministerial team.
- Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin apologised for rail disruption over the Christmas period.
- Jeremy Hunt updated the house on the UK's Ebola preparedness and changes to protocols after Pauline Cafferkey, a public health nurse, became the first person to be diagnosed with Ebola on UK soil.
- MPs unanimously passed the Serious Crime Bill at second reading.
- The day finished with an adjournment debate on the diagnosis of children on the autistic spectrum in Hull.