Here's a recap of some of the main political stories of the day:
- The Lib Dems have promised to help first-time buyers get on the property ladder through a "rent-to-own homes" scheme, if they are in power in May
- The top civil servant at the Treasury has warned staff he will not "hesitate to call in the police" if anyone leaks details from the Budget
- The head of Nato has said he expects Britain to "show leadership" over the alliance's defence spending target
- Ed Miliband joked that his wife would like him to spend more time in the kitchen amid much discussion about their domestic arrangements. It comes after he was filmed by the BBC with his wife Justine in an austere-looking kitchen in their London home
- A Labour government would press ahead with its planned energy price freeze with new legislation within months of taking office, Ed Miliband said.
That's it for tonight folks, we'll be back at 08:00 GMT on Sunday with all the news, reaction and analysis to big political stories of the day.