- David Cameron said he gave a "straight answer to a straight question" when he told the BBC he would not serve a third term as prime minister if re-elected in May
- Alex Salmond said the SNP would block a minority Conservative government by voting down its Queen's Speech if it holds the balance of power after the election
- A UKIP election candidate quit the party over comments made by the party's Scottish MEP about a Scottish government minister
- Labour's general election manifesto will contain a pledge not to raise VAT, shadow chancellor Ed Balls revealed
- UKIP selected Harriet Yeo, former chairwoman of Labour's national executive committee, as replacement general election candidate for Janice Atkinson after she was expelled from the party on Monday
- The UK will spend £280m over the next 10 years on renewing and beefing up its defences of the Falkland Islands, it was announced
That's it from Politics Live for tonight. We'll be back at 06:00 GMT with all Wednesday's political news - including the final Prime Minister's Questions before the election.