That's all for the BBC live page coverage of the flight delays and cancellations caused by a British Airways IT system failure.
While I'm off home, many stranded passengers won't be. If you've been affected by today's events, BA recommends filing compensation claims online at www.disruptionclaim.britishairways.com
Here's a recap of how the story unfolded:
- 12:00 BST - passengers begin to report long delays at checkin as British Airways suffers what it called "network wide system issues."
- The delays began to have a knock on effect on flights returning to London from abroad.
- 13:13 BST - British Airways cancels all flights scheduled to depart Heathrow and Gatwick after 18:00 BST
- The GMB union blamed the outage on outsourcing IT work to India.
- 16:30 BST - British Airways cancels all flights from Heathrow and Gatwick for the rest of the day.
Best of luck if you're still travelling. But for now, goodbye!