We are going to pause our live coverage here for now. Below is a summary of what we know so far. You can follow developments on our main news story:
What we know so far
- An attack by suspected Taliban militants on a university in north-west Pakistan has killed at least 19 people and injured 50.
- An army official said the attack was over but troops were still searching Bacha Khan University campus in Charsadda.
- Four attackers were killed, the army reported.
- A senior Pakistan Taliban commander claimed the group was responsible for the attack but the main spokesman for the group later denied that it was involved.
- Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said: "We are determined and resolved in our commitment to wipe out the menace of terrorism from our homeland."