Quiz of the week's newsContinue reading the main story
It's the Magazine's 7 days, 7 questions quiz - an opportunity to prove to yourself and others that you are a news oracle. Failing that, you can always claim to have had better things to do during the past week than swot up on current affairs.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
Investigations are underway after staff at a Swedish air force base spent two years drinking coffee made with what type of water?
- Toilet water
- Radiator water
- Drain water
2.) Multiple Choice Question
Russian soldiers have been marching to chants of which popular TV cartoon?
- Popeye the Sailor
- Captain Planet
- SpongeBob SquarePants
3.) Missing Word Question
* matters to female golden moles
- Penis size
- Sexual history
4.) Multiple Choice Question
Police in New Jersey were called when a man refused to remove an item from his head for a driving licence photo, citing his religion "Pastafarianism". What was the item?
- Bandana made of spaghetti
5.) Multiple Choice Question
David Cameron has vowed to keep listening to The Smiths despite Johnny Marr "banning" him from being a fan. Which Smiths song did Cameron choose on Desert Island Discs?
- This Charming Man
- That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
- Big Mouth Strikes Again
6.) Multiple Choice Question
The authorities in Florida are using a road safety campaign to ask young drivers to have a designated what in the car in order to avoid accidents?
- Designated satnav operator
- Designated music chooser
- Designated texter
7.) Multiple Choice Question
A fifth of the Norwegian population watched a TV broadcast of a log fire but there were 60 complaints. Over what?
- Wood stacked bark up
- Wood stacked bark down
- It's radiator water. The coffee machine was mistakenly connected to the heating system pipes. The error was discovered only when the radiator was shut down for the installation of a new heating system.
- It's SpongeBob SquarePants. Several army units feature in a popular YouTube video of Russian soldiers marching and chanting to SpongeBob SquarePants.
- It's penis size. Female Hottentot golden moles use the size of male moles' penises as a guide to their suitability as a mate, scientists have discovered.
- It's colander. Aaron Williams, 25, told officials the strainer was a religious head covering and he had a right to wear it in his driver's licence photo. He eventually relented when police arrived.
- It's This Charming Man. Cameron said: "I have now got both Johnny Marr and other members of the band saying I'm not able to listen to The Smiths... When I've got the full set, even then I'm afraid I will go on listening to them."
- It's a designated texter, to avoid the driver being distracted.
- It was both. Complainants were split down the middle over the right way to stack wood.
0 - 2 : Damp squib
3 - 5 : Crackling nicely
6 - 7 : Hot stuff
For past quizzes including our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, expand the grey drop-down below - also available on the Magazine page (and scroll down)