Quiz of the week's newsContinue reading the main story
It's the Magazine's 7 days, 7 questions quiz - an opportunity to prove to yourself and others that you are a news oracle. Failing that, you can always claim to have had better things to do during the past week than swot up on current affairs.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
Daniel Day-Lewis became the first man to win three lead acting Oscars but he needs one more to equal the record for any person. Who holds that honour?
- Meryl Streep
- Ingrid Bergman
- Katharine Hepburn
2.) Multiple Choice Question
Still with the Oscars, how did an Iranian news agency edit Michelle Obama after she awarded Argo Best Picture?
- Deleted some of her words
- Digitally altered her dress
- Removed her appearance altogether
3.) Multiple Choice Question
Animal rights activists have complained about Beyonce's trainers. Which of the following animal skins was NOT used to make them?
4.) Multiple Choice Question
Following an internet trend, Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood have both tweeted links to versions of their songs comically intercut with what animal?
- Screaming goat
- Angry killer whale
- Squeaking squirrel
5.) Multiple Choice Question
A woman was discovered trying to get a seat on the Beijing subway by having a fake what?
- Broken leg
- Baby under a blanket
- Pregnancy belly
- Guide dog
6.) Multiple Choice Question
The departing Pope Benedict XVI is giving up his trademark red shoes. What colour will he now wear instead?
7.) Multiple Choice Question
Mario Balotelli has commissioned a life-size statue to immortalise himself. What quality has he asked the artist to evoke?
- It's Hepburn, with four awards. Streep and Bergman are among 12 actresses to have won two Best Actress awards.
- It's altered her dress. It was photoshopped to cover up her bare shoulders and neck.
- It's python. Beyonce's trainers reportedly contain anaconda, stingray, crocodile, ostrich and calf's fur. Husband Jay-Z has shoes containing python.
- It's screaming goat. A slew of YouTube cuts have comically interspersed pop starlets with the upset caprine.
- It's the belly. The woman was caught out wearing a false silicone stomach.
- It's brown. Benedict is thought to have been very happy with a pair of brown shoes he was given in Leon in Mexico.
- It's defiance. Balotelli wants to be shown with his muscles highlighted and an expression of defiance.
0 - 3 : Garden gnome
4 - 6 : Angel of the North
7 - 7 : David
For past quizzes including our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, expand the grey drop-down below - also available on the Magazine page (and scroll down)