10 things we didn't know last week
1. The sound of rustling tin foil can give cats seizures.
2. People underestimate how much fun they'll have alone, and overestimate how much others even notice.
3. Printing out the entire internet - not including the dark web - would require about eight million trees.
4. Children confined to the middle seat on car journeys grow up to be more successful.
5. Wearing a suit encourages people to think more broadly and holistically.
6. You're more likely to have a "female" brain if your right thumb is at the top when you clasp your hands together.
7. Smart bullets curve their trajectory in mid-flight to hit moving targets.
8. Humblebragging is less effective than bragging.
9. China has more vineyards than France.
10. Tattoos can cause Apple's smartwatch to malfunction, as the ink interferes with the device's sensor.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek
Subscribe to the BBC News Magazine's email newsletter to get articles sent to your inbox.