10 things we didn't know last week
1. The Borrowers would be deaf, virtually blind and need to wear extremely thick coats.
2. A hamster called Marvin belongs to the Royal household.
3. The Orcadian island of Mama Westray doesn't exist, but it has a very professional-looking tourist brochure.
4. Labradors might be hard-wired to overeat.
5. Cycling is always the best option for your health in London, but not in Dehli, Doha or Karachi.
6. Spanish bishops consider it a sin to illegally download films.
7. Air rage is more common on flights with a first-class cabin.
8. There aren't enough people in the world to literally cry a river, but if each cried 55 tears they could fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool.
9. Crocodile eyes are fine-tuned for lurking.
10. Two-dollar bills are legal tender in the US, but not everybody knows that.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingididntknowlastweek
Subscribe to the BBC News Magazine's email newsletter to get articles sent to your inbox.