10 things we didn't know last week
- 22 May 2016
- From the section Magazine
1. British artists accounted for one in every six LPs sold worldwide last year
2. Green light can help migraine sufferers
3. The Chinese government fabricates nearly 490 million social media posts every year
4. Google is patenting a "sticky" technology so that pedestrians who get hit by self-driving cars will stick to them rather than bounce off
5. Heathrow airport has an annual points-based "noise budget"
6. Mars was once devastated by 50-metre high tsunamis
7. The spice turmeric may help stave off dementia
8. Fifty percent of 30-year-olds in Greece and Bulgaria live with their parents
9. People who watch porn more than once a week are likely to be more religious than those who watch it only a couple of times a month
10. Artisanal marijuana crab cakes have been developed in the US
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingididntknowlastweek
Subscribe to the BBC News Magazine's email newsletter to get articles sent to your inbox.