10 things we didn't know last week
1. The Queen was told she was too important to be president of the George Formby Society.
2. A single monkey can cause a nationwide blackout in Kenya.
3. The tattoo policy of the US Marine Corps is 32 pages long.
4. Sales of Vimto in the Middle East spike during Ramadan.
5. Fish can recognise human faces.
6. Sadness causes more road accidents than tiredness
7. Electric eels can leap out of the water to shock their prey.
8. More money is loaded on Starbucks cards worldwide than several banks have on customer deposit.
9. A pig and a kangaroo are capable of forming an intimate relationship.
10. A seagull will turn orange if it falls into a vat of chicken tikka masala.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingididntknowlastweek
Subscribe to the BBC News Magazine's email newsletter to get articles sent to your inbox.