10 things we didn't know last week
1. Ducklings are capable of abstract thought.
2. Legendary German film director Werner Herzog loves watching cat videos.
3. Theresa May's cabinet contains more state-educated ministers than any government since Clement Attlee's in 1945.
4. The new chancellor of the Exchequer was a teenage goth "and looked like Johnny Depp".
5. It would take 300 years to catalogue all the tree species in the Amazon rainforest.
6. Every English elm is descended from a single tree imported by the Romans.
7. There are only two newspaper journalists still working on Fleet Street itself.
8. Zayn Malik left One Direction after an alien appeared to him in a dream.
9. The "Arsenal" letters outside the club's stadium are an anti-attack measure.
10. Dinosaurs didn't roar - in fact, they probably cooed
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingididntknowlastweek