10 things we didn't know last week
1. Mosquitoes carrying malaria are repelled by chickens.
2. The original Bramley apple tree is still alive at the age of 207… but is suffering from a fungal infection.
3. Protestors at the Republican convention were banned from carrying tennis balls but were allowed to carry guns.
4. In some remote areas of Malawi, parents pay a man to have sex with their daughters at the age of 12 or 13.
5. In the run-up to the 2015 general election, Nick Clegg spent weeks recreating a Carly Rae Jepson music video.
6. Whales grieve for friends and relatives and hold vigils.
7. People are selling their mobile phone videos of shootings to licensing companies - for a profit share.
8. Bees spit water at each other in hot weather.
9. It's possible to serve draught beer on a plane - but the physics are tricky.
10. You can't be nominated for a guest actor Emmy if you've been in a show for half of the season or more.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingididntknowlastweek