Three seats were gained by Labour, two from the Conservatives and one from the Liberal Democrats.Read More
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Barry Sheerman||Votes 26,470||header_vote_share 60.4||Net percentage change in seats +15.5|
|Scott Benton||Votes 14,465||header_vote_share 33.0||Net percentage change in seats +6.2|
|Andrew Cooper||Votes 1,395||header_vote_share 3.2||Net percentage change in seats -3.7|
|Zulfiqar Ali||Votes 1,155||header_vote_share 2.6||Net percentage change in seats -3.2|
The Yorkshire Party
|Bikatshi Katenga||Votes 274||header_vote_share 0.6||Net percentage change in seats +0.6|
|Marteen Thokkudubiyyapu||Votes 75||header_vote_share 0.2||Net percentage change in seats +0.2|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and LAB majority
BBC Local Live
In his victory speech the Labour MP for Huddersfield, Barry Sheerman, tells supporters "you want people to know the north is as important as the south".
Barry Sheerman holds Huddersfield for Labour.
BBC Radio Leeds
Clearly BBC Radio Leeds' Nick Ahad is having a tough night in Huddersfield.
BBC Radio Leeds
I am playing a little game of how long I can resist my prawn salad to keep things interesting here in Huddersfield tonight.
We're still waiting for the results for the Huddersfield, Dewsbury, Batley and Spen and Colne Valley seats.
Don't get left outside on polling day. Here are details of what you need and where you need to go to register for the general election on 8 June:
- 18,186 total votes taken.
- 44.9% share of the total vote
- +6.1% change in share of the votes
- 10,841 total votes taken.
- 26.8% share of the total vote
- -1.0% change in share of the votes
- 5,948 total votes taken.
- 14.7% share of the total vote
- +14.7% change in share of the votes
- 2,798 total votes taken.
- 6.9% share of the total vote
- +2.9% change in share of the votes
- 2,365 total votes taken.
- 5.8% share of the total vote
- -18.9% change in share of the votes
- 340 total votes taken.
- 0.8% share of the total vote
- +0.1% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010