Three seats were gained by Labour, two from the Conservatives and one from the Liberal Democrats.Read More
Morley & OutwoodParliamentary constituency
|Party||Votes||%||Net percentage change in seats|
|Andrea Jenkyns||Votes 26,550||header_vote_share 50.7||Net percentage change in seats +11.8|
|Neil Dawson||Votes 24,446||header_vote_share 46.7||Net percentage change in seats +8.7|
|Craig Dobson||Votes 1,361||header_vote_share 2.6||Net percentage change in seats -0.4|
Change compared with 2015
Turnout and CON majority
Conservative Andrea Jenkyns increased her majority in marginal Morley and Outwood.
Stuart Andrew, Conservative MP for Pudsey, saw his majority cut to just over 300.
Conservative Andrea Jenkyns has retained her seat in a close battle in Morley and Outwood.
The MP took 26,550 votes, with Labour's Neil Dawson 2,104 behind.
Andrea Jenkyns who famously defeated Ed Balls in 2015 has retained the Morley & Outwood constituency for the Conservative party.
Reporter BBC Look North
Spotted this on the wall of Leeds Town Hall good advice for our future MPs perhaps!
BBC Radio Leeds
The General Election is just over a fortnight away and every day this week I'm visiting those places in West Yorkshire that are closest to call ahead of the vote.
I'm starting in Morley and Outwood today getting a feel for what's on the minds of the people in this constituency ahead of next month's vote:
I'll be live from constituencies across West Yorkshire for the rest of the week, including tomorrow when I'll be in Dewsbury.
Don't get left outside on polling day. Here are details of what you need and where you need to go to register for the general election on 8 June:
- 18,776 total votes taken.
- 38.9% share of the total vote
- +3.6% change in share of the votes
- 18,354 total votes taken.
- 38.0% share of the total vote
- +0.4% change in share of the votes
- 7,951 total votes taken.
- 16.5% share of the total vote
- +13.4% change in share of the votes
- 1,426 total votes taken.
- 3.0% share of the total vote
- -13.8% change in share of the votes
- 1,264 total votes taken.
- 2.6% share of the total vote
- +2.6% change in share of the votes
- 479 total votes taken.
- 1.0% share of the total vote
- +1.0% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010