The ups and downs of social networks
Facebook has announced that it now has 500m active users, just six years after it was launched. The site has become the poster child of social networking on the web. While some others have seen growth, MySpace, Flickr and Bebo appear to have declined in the past year, according to these figures from Nielsen. Interesting international variations are seen, both in the amount of time Facebook users spend on the site each month and in the competing networks' popularity in different countries.
What psychological screening do pilots have to go through?
Which party leader won the first TV contest on social media?
The shock that left a young KGB officer in fear of people power
What degree did the most billionaires study?
Branagh goes back to basics for new Cinderella movie
- Germanwings crash: Co-pilot 'treated for depression'
- Top Gear producer 'won't press charges' against Jeremy Clarkson
- Vladimir Putin's formative German years
- Zayn Malik reveals 'I've let fans down' in interview
- Election 2015: Cameron and Miliband face TV grilling
- Meredith Kercher: Knox and Sollecito court ruling due in Italy
- Election 2015: Who won the interview contest on social media?
- Quiz of the week's news
- Office workers 'too sedentary'
- Germanwings crash: Investigation latest